- 2011-06-10 (Zombie outbreak with the ‘28 Days Later’ effect) zombies-szr-model.pdf
- This cites the paper by Philip Munz, Ioan Hudea, Joe Imad, and Robert J. Smith. Called “When zombies attack!: Mathematical modellings of an outbreak of zombie infection”. In Infectious Disease Modelling Research Progress, pages 133-150. Nova Science, 2009.
- This in the tradition of XKCD’s “What If”, where real mathematical tools are abused for the purpose of answering silly questions. I’m happy with how the result turned out. My paper shows that a stable Zombie-Human equilibrium exists under a very wide range of assumptions. The only thing that needs to happen is for Zombies to have a finite lifespan. So, 28 Days Later, instead of Resident Evil.
- 1992-01-01 (GORILLA.BAS QBASIC) GORILLA.BAS
- This was the first computer game I played. My dad would play me on his old DOS laptop.
- 1981-02-01 (BBC: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) hgttg.mp3
- This was recorded by my dad in 1981, then digitized as a WAV file around 2002. My dad introduced me to this gem, and I enjoyed listening to it on my MuVo MP3 player while on a train. I am archiving it here for the world to benefit from. The only advice I give to the next listener of this file is: Don’t Panic.